Provide transition and discharge teaching/planning for patients along the HSCT continuum. Care planning includes assessment, evaluation and integration of care with a multi-disciplinary team, focusing on continuity of care throughout the system. Interface with home infusion / homecare agencies and SNFS.
- Able to provide Transition Planning services at the UWMC, and the SCCA Clinic
- Participate in assessment and evaluations of patient/family care throughout transitions.
- Participate in the nursing coordination for individual patient/families transitioning to various areas of care.
- Coordinate patient care plans with home infusion agencies, home care agencies and skilled facilities.
- Document assessments, interventions, plan in the Medical Record after each patient encounter.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to ensure continuity of patient/family care throughout transition.
- Teach classes for patients and families both on a 1-on-1 basis and in a classroom setting.
- Function as liaison with insurance company case managers throughout transplant process including providing outpatient utilization review updates as needed.
- Communicates in a respectful and effective manner with other staff. (See Transition Nursing Department norms)
- Act as Transplant Clinic ambassador to Inpatient Units.
- Facilitates as smooth a transition as realistically possible.
- Support a patient and family centered philosophy
- Listen to concerns of patient /families and/ caregivers in an objective manner.
- Review complicated discharges with Transition Supervisor to develop an overall plan and promote a consistent message.
- Informs Transition SWupervfisor of high-risk patient situations or operational issues.
- Discuss discharges briefly at beginning of each day with other Transition RN's and assume appropriate workloads.
- Follows report guidelines for transition.
- Serves as a resource regarding transition to all team members caring for patients undergoing Transplant.
- Flexible in incorporating patient care outside own assignment to assist with patient care needs within the Transition Team.
- Demonstrates appropriate problem solving when working with other departments.
- Follows and implements policies and standards of the Transition Program.
Maintaining And Developing Own Skills
- Participates in continuing education programs.
- Keeps current in area of expertise through journals, books, and conferences.
- Participates in professional organizations.
HIPPA - Patient Privacy
Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of patient privacy rights. Maintains confidentiality of all medical, financial, or other sensitive materials and information in printed, electronic or verbal form, which may jeopardize the privacy of patients. Accesses and uses the minimum necessary patient identifiable information to perform job responsibilities and duties and only for authorized purposes.
HIPPA - Employee Privacy
Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of, and maintains confidentiality of employee information and SCCA strategic plans and initiatives, financial information or other sensitive materials and information in printed, electronic or verbal form, which may jeopardize employee rights or organization's operations. Accesses and uses the minimum necessary employee and organization information to perform job responsibilities and duties and only for authorized purposes.
- Current Washington State Nursing License
- Excellent communication & teaching skills
- BSN preferred
- Past nursing experience required
- 3 years of experience in Bone Marrow Transplant or oncology strongly preferred
Experience in following areas preferred:
- Health Insurance Industry
- Home health care
- Discharge planning,
- Patient/family education,
- Ambulatory care
Basic computer skills (Outlook, ORCA, etc)
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2222906-2647-9821