EXCEPTIONAL CANCER CARE, EXCEPTIONAL NURSES
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's. These three organizations have worked together to support their mission of world class adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education. Please join us and be part of making a difference in the lives of our patients, families, and community!
At Seattle Cancer Care Alliance every patient, every life matters. Our dedicated nurses are a driving force making SCCA a global leader in the prevention, treatment, and cure of cancer. Our nurses rank among leading experts in oncology. Our nurses provide exceptional patient and family-centered care as they coordinate and assist in individualized treatment. They integrate care with support for the research and development of innovative therapies. Embarking with each patient on a journey through cancer treatment and survival, our compassionate nurses walk hand-in-hand with courage and hope with each individual to ensure the best possible patient outcome.
"Like our world-renowned physicians and researchers, SCCA's nurses set a world-class standard in their field, and a very high bar across an incredibly diverse range of professional skills. Our nurses bring a unique kind of compassion to their work, rooted in a profound understanding of the very human challenge our patients and their families are going through. They provide a depth of knowledge and insight that ensure our patients are well educated about the prevention and care of cancer, and empowered to make the best decisions before, during, and well after recovery from cancer. They strive for nursing excellence because they demand that level of performance from themselves, each other, and the rest of us. SCCA has always known that nurses are the backbone of our patient care, and, because of that, we have had a historic commitment to nurses practicing at the top of their license. That commitment is even stronger today."
- Angelique Richard, R.N., Ph.D., Chief Nurse Executive and Vice President of Clinical Operations
Our nurses are vital to the journey of cancer care. We invite you to explore our career opportunities and apply online for more information.
This position is directly responsible for providing longitudinal comprehensive care to oncology and hematology patients. It has primary responsibility for the coordination of care, patient and caregiver education, plan of care formulation and documentation, and nursing management of patients receiving care in the medical oncology clinic. This care management includes patient assessment, symptom management, and administration of parenteral fluids, chemotherapy agents, biologic therapy, and supportive care medications.
- Follows scope of practice for registered nursing as defined by the Department of Health.
- Develops, translates and supports evidence based nursing practice
- Develops and follows departmental policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates and teaches phlebotomy and venous access skills
- Demonstrates expertise in Infusion Therapy/Medication Administration and Care Coordination
- Demonstrates an expert understanding of oncology illness and treatment modalities, as well as the ability to assess baseline physical, emotional and social needs.
- Performs aspects of patient scheduling/ appointment making
- Assures the safety of patients and other staff
- Triages patients for immediate care
- Learns, implements, and executes continuous improvement process
- Provides care to patients as part of the overall care team
- Documents all nursing care activities accurately and in a timely fashion
- Upholds a positive, creative, fair, and non-intimidating workplace culture
- Takes action to protect healthcare recipients from harm
- Provides Patient-Family Centered Care
- Provides care and services to patients and families in a respectful, caring, and professional manner
- Current WA state Registered Nurse License
- Current BLS AHA Healthcare Provider Certification
- 2 years of Oncology and Infusion Experience
- OCN (Oncology Certified Nurse)
- ONS Chemotherapy certification
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Benefits at a Glance
- Comprehensive medical and vision insurance plans; dental insurance plan which includes 90% of the dentists in Washington State; subsidized health insurance for families and domestic partners
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance; voluntary group long-term care insurance; employee assistance and wellness programs
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care (daycare) expenses
- 403(b) retirement savings plans including 7% employer paid contributions after one year and 1,000 hours of service (no employee contribution is required!)
- 12 paid vacation days accrued during the first year of employment; an additional day per year is added to the accrual rate until the maximum accrual of 22 days per year is reached (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Accrue 8 sick hours per month after one month employment during first year of employment (until the end of your first calendar year); accrue 12 sick hours per month for second and third calendar years; accrue 14.66 sick hours per month each calendar year thereafter (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Funding support for continuing education, conferences, specialty certification, and nursing scholarship
- Organizational support for nursing research, including leadership participation, in professional nursing organizations.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities such as Medical Grand Rounds, scientific presentations, and visiting scholar lectures
- Nursing Grand Rounds offered quarterly, featuring national leaders in nursing
- Subsidized annual transportation pass for use on Metro, Community Transit, Pierce Transit, Sound Transit and Metro vanpools; reduced parking costs for vanpools and carpools
- Local merchant discounts including health clubs, retail, and service providers
- On-site childcare through Hutch Kids
- Hometown Home Loan Program through HomeStreet Bank
- Facility amenities including bike racks, shower rooms, on-site coffee bar, and cafeteria
- Paid relocation may be available for certain positions
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2359317-2647-5821