This position is directly responsible for providing longitudinal comprehensive care to oncology and hematology patients. It has primary responsibility for the coordination of care, patient and caregiver education, plan of care formulation and documentation, and nursing management of patients receiving care in the medical oncology clinic. This care management includes patient assessment, symptom management, and administration of parenteral fluids, chemotherapy agents, biologic therapy, and supportive care medications.
- Follows scope of practice for registered nursing as defined by the Department of Health.
- Develops, translates and supports evidence based nursing practice
- Develops and follows departmental policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates and teaches phlebotomy and venous access skills
- Demonstrates expertise in Infusion Therapy/Medication Administration and Care Coordination
- Demonstrates an expert understanding of oncology illness and treatment modalities, as well as the ability to assess baseline physical, emotional and social needs.
- Performs aspects of patient scheduling/ appointment making
- Assures the safety of patients and other staff
- Triages patients for immediate care
- Learns, implements, and executes continuous improvement process
- Provides care to patients as part of the overall care team
- Documents all nursing care activities accurately and in a timely fashion
- Upholds a positive, creative, fair, and non-intimidating workplace culture
- Takes action to protect healthcare recipients from harm
- Provides Patient-Family Centered Care
- Provides care and services to patients and families in a respectful, caring, and professional manner
- Current WA state Registered Nurse License
- Current BLS AHA Healthcare Provider Certification
- 2 years of Oncology and Infusion Experience
- OCN (Oncology Certified Nurse)
- ONS Chemotherapy certification
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2251269-2647-8021