The Medical Imaging RN provides quality nursing care for patients in the imaging setting. The nurse is knowledgeable in meeting the physical, psychological, cultural, and educational needs of patients.
- Successfully initiates peripheral intravenous access
- Successfully identifies and manages the care of central lines (including accessing of Implanted Vascular Access Ports)
- Demonstrates knowledge of patient preparation for various Imaging scans, including MRI, CT, Nuclear Medicine, and PET scans.
- Draws blood for laboratory tests
- Monitors patients for adverse reaction to contrast or other medications
- Collaborates with Charge RN, radiologists, radiological technologists, and other team members concerning administration of medications for anxiety, pain control, and symptom management. Monitors for drug interactions and side effects.
IV.A. Training, Education and Experience (Required)
- Registered Nurse license in Washington State
- 2 years experience in an acute-care or similar out-patient setting
- Current CPR card
- Recent experience in peripheral and central venous access
IV.B. Education and Experience (Preferred)
- ACLS Certification
- Radiology Nursing experience
- Oncology nursing experience
IV.C. Other Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities Required To Perform The Job Duties
- Demonstrates behaviors that are consistent with the Clinic's Mission and Values, and that reflect excellent customer service.
- Works well with team members toward a common purpose; reinforces the efforts and goals of the work group.
- Demonstrates flexibility in schedules and assignments in order to meet the needs of the department.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2225002-2647-7321