EXCEPTIONAL CANCER CARE, EXCEPTIONAL NURSES
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research:
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's. These three organizations have worked together to support their mission of world class adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education. Please join us and be part of making a difference in the lives of our patients, families, and community!
At Seattle Cancer Care Alliance every patient, every life matters. Our dedicated nurses are a driving force making SCCA a global leader in the prevention, treatment, and cure of cancer. Our nurses rank among leading experts in oncology. Our nurses provide exceptional patient and family-centered care as they coordinate and assist in individualized treatment. They integrate care with support for the research and development of innovative therapies. Embarking with each patient on a journey through cancer treatment and survival, our compassionate nurses walk hand-in-hand with courage and hope with each individual to ensure the best possible patient outcome.
"Like our world-renowned physicians and researchers, SCCA's nurses set a world-class standard in their field, and a very high bar across an incredibly diverse range of professional skills. Our nurses bring a unique kind of compassion to their work, rooted in a profound understanding of the very human challenge our patients and their families are going through. They provide a depth of knowledge and insight that ensure our patients are well educated about the prevention and care of cancer, and empowered to make the best decisions before, during, and well after recovery from cancer. They strive for nursing excellence because they demand that level of performance from themselves, each other, and the rest of us. SCCA has always known that nurses are the backbone of our patient care, and, because of that, we have had a historic commitment to nurses practicing at the top of their license. That commitment is even stronger today."
- Angelique Richard, R.N., Ph.D., Chief Nurse Executive and Vice President of Clinical Operations
Our nurses are vital to the journey of cancer care. We invite you to explore our career opportunities and apply online for more information.
- The Registered Nurse is a member of an interdisciplinary care team. This role provides patient centric care and is primarily responsible for nursing assessment and diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Assesses physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs and evaluates patients' adaptation to health changes
- Develops a plan of care based on patients' disease, symptoms, and response to treatment
- Educates patients, families, and caregivers on disease processes, treatment, side effects and symptom management
- Coordinates with inter-disciplinary team to ensure continuity of care
- Refers patients, families and caregivers as appropriate to other clinical resources/professionals such as social work, home health care, clinical nutrition, etc.
- Implements, evaluates and modifies plan of care
- Integrates research and evidence based knowledge into clinical practice
- Current Washington State nursing license
- Current Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider Card from American Heart Association
- 2 years experience in an acute-care or similar outpatient setting
- Recent experience in peripheral venous access
Education and Experience - Preferred:
* ACLS Certification
* Radiology Nursing experience
* Oncology Nursing experience
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE