Provides longitudinal comprehensive nursing care to Women's Center/Specialty Oncology Clinics patients. Has primary nursing responsibility for the coordination of the care and monitoring the status of a specific population of patients. Has responsibility for the education of patients and family. Acts as primary point of contact for patients, working collaboratively with their physicians.
- Office, clinic environment with direct patient contact
- Care Coordination
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of oncology patients.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess baseline physical, emotional and social needs
- Demonstrates the ability to assess physical, emotional and social needs on an ongoing basis
- Demonstrates ability to assess patient's adaptation to illness on an ongoing basis
- Demonstrates an ability to conduct patient triage and assessment via the telephone
- Ability to develop a plan of care to respond to patient symptoms and reactions resulting from the disease or the treatment
- Monitors patient response to therapies, including lab values and symptom assessment, in collaboration with the medical, nutrition and pharmacy staff
- Uses effective problem solving skills in complex situations
- Demonstrates capability to multitask with accuracy and deal effectively with unpredictable situations
- Documents initial assessment accurately per assessment policy
- Documents ongoing assessment accurately and per assessment policy
- Documents patient education per policy
- Documents all medications and treatments administered
- Patient and Family Education
- Maintains primary responsibility and coordination for provision of education required for patient and family
- Communication and Teamwork
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills
- Able to collaborate effectively with physicians to provide comprehensive care planning for their specific population of patients
- Serves as resources in their areas of expertise for other staff
- Demonstrates ability to effectively intervene with a patient in crisis
- Informs Nurse Manager of high-risk patient situations or operational issues
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team situation
- Communicates in a professional tone and with respect in interactions with patients, colleagues and providers.
- Able to give feedback directly to colleagues and Providers in a timely manner. Does not use email or voicemail to give feedback. If feedback not well received, notifies manager or supervisor.
- Communicates concerns or problems to manager or supervisor in professional and timely manner.
HIPPA - Patient Privacy
Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of patient privacy rights. Maintains confidentiality of all medical, financial, or other sensitive materials and information in printed, electronic or verbal form, which may jeopardize the privacy of patients. Accesses and uses the minimum necessary patient identifiable information to perform job responsibilities and duties and only for authorized purposes.
HIPPA - Employee Privacy
Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of, and maintains confidentiality of employee information and SCCA strategic plans and initiatives, financial information or other sensitive materials and information in printed, electronic or verbal form, which may jeopardize employee rights or organization's operations. Accesses and uses the minimum necessary employee and organization information to perform job responsibilities and duties and only for authorized purposes.
- Current Washington State Nursing License
- Current BLS AHA Health Provider card required
- Two years of nursing experience required
- Past experience in a clincal setting preferred
- Past experience in oncology preferred
- OCN certification preferred
- Ability to work under pressure related to work/time deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with a variety of patients and other staff
- Ability to be flexible
- Competent in telephone triage, assessment and communication
- Competent in basic computer skills
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2289003-2647-4021