The nursing position is responsible for direct patient care and nursing management of patients being infused with chemotherapy or biologic therapy agents, fluids and other medications.
The essential responsibilities are as follows:
- Performs nursing assessment prior to each infusion, review relevant lab results, pain assessment and other symptoms.
- Assures the safety of patients by following all procedures related to verification of orders and products when administering chemotherapy and blood products.
- Demonstrates an awareness of the potentially hazardous nature of many of the agents administered and uses correct precautions when handling them.
- Follows all procedures regarding safe disposal of any materials used in the administration of chemotherapy or other toxic agents and blood products.
- Communicates patient symptoms including complaints presented upon arrival to the case manager or team nurse.
- Request consultation from social work, dietician or pastoral care staff when patient's situation indicates.
- Documents all nursing care activities accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of patient privacy rights.
- Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Past chemotherapy administration and infusion experience
- Oncology nursing experience
- OCN certification
- 3-5 years of outpatient infusion experience
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2226003-2647-6421