The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, located in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's.
Over the past 25 years, these institutions have worked together to support their mission of adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education. Join us and make a difference!
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator provides longitudinal comprehensive nursing care to oncology/hematology patients. Has primary nursing responsibility for the coordination of the care and monitoring the status of a specific population of patients. Has responsibility for the education of patients and family. Acts as primary point of contact for patients, working collaboratively with their physicians.
This position is with the Pain Service. Case management is heavily weighted.
- Current Washington State Nursing License
- Current BLS AHA Health Provider card
- Ability to work under pressure related to work/time deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with a variety of patients and other staff
- Ability to be flexible
- Competent in telephone triage, assessment and communication
- Competent in basic computer skills
- Two years of oncology nursing experience or outpatient clinic/triage RN experience or similar ambulatory experience
- Background working with patients with pain
- Ability to help develop guidelines and protocols
- Self Directed
- Works well under pressure
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2219835-2647-5721