EXCEPTIONAL CANCER CARE, EXCEPTIONAL NURSES
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's. These three organizations have worked together to support their mission of world class adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education. Please join us and be part of making a difference in the lives of our patients, families, and community!
At Seattle Cancer Care Alliance every patient, every life matters. Our dedicated nurses are a driving force making SCCA a global leader in the prevention, treatment, and cure of cancer. Our nurses rank among leading experts in oncology. Our nurses provide exceptional patient and family-centered care as they coordinate and assist in individualized treatment. They integrate care with support for the research and development of innovative therapies. Embarking with each patient on a journey through cancer treatment and survival, our compassionate nurses walk hand-in-hand with courage and hope with each individual to ensure the best possible patient outcome.
"Like our world-renowned physicians and researchers, SCCA's nurses set a world-class standard in their field, and a very high bar across an incredibly diverse range of professional skills. Our nurses bring a unique kind of compassion to their work, rooted in a profound understanding of the very human challenge our patients and their families are going through. They provide a depth of knowledge and insight that ensure our patients are well educated about the prevention and care of cancer, and empowered to make the best decisions before, during, and well after recovery from cancer. They strive for nursing excellence because they demand that level of performance from themselves, each other, and the rest of us. SCCA has always known that nurses are the backbone of our patient care, and, because of that, we have had a historic commitment to nurses practicing at the top of their license. That commitment is even stronger today."
Angelique Richard, R.N., Ph.D., Chief Nurse Executive and Vice President of Clinical Operations
Our nurses are vital to the journey of cancer care. We invite you to explore our career opportunities and apply online for more information.
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator provides longitudinal comprehensive nursing care to oncology/hematology patients. Has primary nursing responsibility for the coordination of the care and monitoring the status of a specific population of patients. Has responsibility for the education of patients and family. Acts as primary point of contact for patients, working collaboratively with their physicians
A. Care Coordination
- Demonstrates a high level understanding of oncology illnesses and treatment modalities
- Demonstrates the ability to assess baseline physical, emotional and social needs
- Demonstrates the ability to assess physical, emotional and social needs on an ongoing basis
- Demonstrates ability to assess patient's adaptation to illness on an ongoing basis
- Demonstrates an ability to conduct patient triage and assessment via the telephone
- Ability to develop a plan of care to respond to patient symptoms and reactions resulting from the disease or the treatment
- Monitors patient response to therapies, including lab values and symptom assessment, in collaboration with the medical, nutrition and - pharmacy staff
- Uses effective problem solving skills in complex situations
- Demonstrates capability to multitask with accuracy and deal effectively with unpredictable situations
- Documents initial assessment accurately per assessment policy
- Documents ongoing assessment accurately and per assessment policy
- Documents patient education per policy
- Documents all medications and treatments administered
C. Patient and Family Education
- Maintains primary responsibility and coordination for provision of education required for patient and family
D. Communication and Teamwork
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills
- Able to collaborate effectively with physicians to provide comprehensive care planning for their specific population of patients
- Serves as resources in their areas of expertise for other staff
- Demonstrates ability to effectively intervene with a patient in crisis
- Informs Nurse Manager of high-risk patient situations or operational issues
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2318049-2647-9921