This position is responsible for the nursing management of patients being infused with chemotherapy or biologic therapy agents, fluids and other medications. The nurse provides direct patient care, consults with physicians and other nurses, and sets clinical standards and is involved in education activities.
The essential responsibilities are as follows:
- Perform nursing assessment prior to each infusion, review relevant lab results, pain assessment and other symptoms.
- Assure the safety of patients by following all procedures related to verification of orders and products when administering chemotherapy and blood products.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the potentially hazardous nature of many of the agents administered and uses correct precautions when handling them.
- Follow all procedures regarding safe disposal of any materials used in the administration of chemotherapy or other toxic agents and blood products.
- Communicate patient symptoms including complaints presented upon arrival to the case manager or team nurse.
- Request consultation from social work, dietician or pastoral care staff when patient's situation indicates.
- Document all nursing care activities accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of patient privacy rights.
- Washington State RN active license
- 2-4 years of infusion and chemotherapy administration experience
- Bachelors of Science, Nursing preferred
- Oncology experience
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2286573-2647-3421