The Medical Imaging RN provides quality nursing care for patients in the imaging setting. The nurse is knowledgeable in meeting the physical, psychological, cultural, and educational needs of patients.
Demonstrates knowledge of patient
preparation for various Imaging scans,
including MRI, CT, Nuclear Medicine, and
Draws blood for laboratory tests according to
SCCA policy and procedure. Demonstrates
knowledge of proper labeling of specimens
and management of research specimens.
Provides patient and family teaching regarding imaging exams, as appropriate.
Monitors patients for adverse reaction to contrast or other medications. Demonstrates knowledge of management of patients according to SCCA policy and procedure.
Successfully initiates peripheral intravenous access according to SCCA policy and
- Successfully identifies and manages the care
of central lines (including accessing of
Implanted Vascular Access Ports) according
to SCCA policy and procedure.
4. WORK REQUIREMENTS
IV.A. Training, Education and Experience (Required)
- Registered Nurse license in Washington State
- 2 years experience in an acute-care or similar out-patient setting
- Current CPR card
- Recent experience in peripheral venous access
IV.B. Education and Experience (Preferred)
- ACLS Certification
- Radiology Nursing experience
- Oncology nursing experience
IV.C. Other Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities Required To Perform The Job Duties
- Demonstrates behaviors that are consistent with the Clinic's Mission and Values, and that reflect excellent customer service.
- Works well with team members toward a common purpose; reinforces the efforts and goals of the work group.
- Demonstrates flexibility in schedules and assignments in order to meet the needs of the department.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2267243-2647-9621