Perform apheresis procedures (cell therapy product collections, research collections and therapeutic patient procedures) for Blood and Marrow Transplant (BMT) patients and related donors, other oncology/hematology patients and various unrelated research subjects
- Perform apheresis procedures on inpatients and outpatients, adult and pediatric, at the SCCA Clinic and mobile locations
- Assess patient's/donor's history and physical (and current condition) for procedural concerns, risks and contraindications (example, heparin intolerance) before procedure.
- Reviews allogeneic donor questionnaires, justifications and other related documentation before collection, according to SOPs and regulatory guides
- Monitor the patient response to the procedure and make technical and medication changes appropriately.
- Process apheresis products appropriately including labeling, delivery and compliance with regulatory documentation.
- Adhere to unit policies and procedures. Compliant with regulatory requirements for procedures, documentation. Follows FDA, FACT and other regulatory guidance.
- Draw and process laboratory work. Knows process for reporting critical lab results. Keep Team & community Providers informed of the patient's lab values/ response to treatment.
- Work with APH support staff to assure safe, comprehensive care delivery and proper billing. Keeps all staff informed of schedule changes, equipment and supply issues.
- Address safety concerns and maintain a safe, organized and clean working environment. Report unsafe conditions to Unit Manager. Places work order when needed.
- Reads alerts and articles related to updates in the Apheresis. Maintain and increase knowledge base, seek out new information as it becomes available. Utilize material available on Unit and in e-Library to deepen working knowledge.
- Facilitates good working relationships with patients, colleagues and other SCCA departments by communication clearly, in a timely manner, and documenting all relevant communications.
- Facilitate good working relationships with outside Providers and facilities by communication clearly, in a timely manner, and documenting all relevant communications.
- Actively seeks out methods to maintain and improve competency in Apheresis procedures by reviewing SOPs and recommending changes or revisions
- Takes On- Call / Weekend/Holiday duty and Charge RN duty on a rotating basis. Includes daily workflow management, patient assignments, scheduling changes, environmental safety and interfacing with other departments.
- Willing to work with new staff as a preceptor when needed, and to work on Unit projects as needed. Reviews and revises SOPs.
- Assist in chart review, data collection or entry for apheresis procedure database or research project.
- Serve on SCCA committees as needed, relay findings of these committees to colleagues.
- Participates in weekly cleaning of machines, and completes cleaning documentation as required. Performs additional duties as required.
HIPPA - Patient Privacy
Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of patient privacy rights. Maintains confidentiality of all medical, financial, or other sensitive materials and information in printed, electronic or verbal form. Uses minimum necessary patient identifiable information to perform job responsibilities and only for authorized purposes.
HIPPA - Employee Privacy
Demonstrates and maintains confidentiality of employee information and SCCA strategic plans and other sensitive materials in printed, electronic or verbal form, which may jeopardize employee rights or organization's operations. Uses the minimum necessary information to perform job responsibilities only for authorized purposes.
4. WORK REQUIREMENTS
IV.A. Training, Education and Experience (Required)
- Graduate of accredited School of Nursing
- Current Washington State RN license
- Experienced in venipuncture and use of vascular access devices
- Certification of BLS, Health Care Provider C, with renewal every 2 years
IV.B. Education and Experience (Preferred)
- Apheresis or Blood Banking experience highly desirable, HP(ASCP) certification a plus
- Dialysis, Operating Room, ICU, Hem/Onc or BMT transplant experience useful
- BSN preferred
IV.C. Other Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities Required To Perform The Job Duties
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, basic computer skills
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Willingness to give and accept constructive criticism with team members
- Able to move (push/pull) required equipment- apheresis machines, Dynamap, IV pumps, equipment carts; utilize shuttle or taxi for travel to mobile procedures
- Available for evening/weekend on-call coverage - for emergency and urgent procedures
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2256419-2647-7921