Precision Nanosystems is seeking a Regional Sales Manager located in London or Cambridge area to cover the UK, Scandinavia and Benelux. Must know customer base and cover this region currently or in recent past.
He / She will demonstrate and sell Precision Nanosystems’ line of instruments and consumables to life science accounts such as pharma, academia, biotech and government. This includes working with existing accounts as well as prospecting for new accounts and customers, developing and closing new business to increase sales of PNI products.
The Regional Sales Manager will identify key decision makers for purchasing PNI systems, as well as identify funding sources, buying process, and key influencers within the assigned region. He / She will represent the product line professionally and scientifically, bring key decision makers together and inspire a vision of what the PNI solutions potentially provide to their work. This highly technical sales position requires customer facing time of ~70% of time. The Regional Sales Manager will rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish sales goals for the assigned territory. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
The Sales Region Manager's role is to ensure achievement of sales objectives through both strategic and tactical activities in line with the Company's mission; develop and maintain strong customer connections at various levels in the accounts and provide regular feedback on status of specific sales opportunities, the market and competition activities.
Areas of Responsibility
- Meet and/or exceed quarterly and annual sales target through development and execution of a region and account-specific sales plan
- Successfully navigate and manage complex sales negotiations. Successfully engage and manage a multi-tiered sales process for both capital instruments and consumables
- Generate new leads and identify new opportunities through cold-calling
- Demonstrate command of scientific knowledge to engage in collaborative sales process. Deliver technology and applications overview presentations, technical/scientific seminars and presentations on PNI solutions and articulate value proposition
- Facilitates resolution of customer issues by demonstrating a strong broad base of knowledge in business processes, PNI solutions and domain expertise
- Maintain technical competence on PNI solutions, competitive products and the market trends 2 through extensive reading and attendance of training meetings, industry conferences and research
- Work together with FAS colleagues to ensure customer satisfaction in pre and post-sales situations. Partner cross-functionally across company to appropriately address the needs of customer base
- Provide regular accurate sales forecasts, sales pipeline management activities, organize /maintain account and customer contact management in CRM system.
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.