Precision NanoSystems is seeking a Regional Sales Manager located in Vancouver (Canada) or San Francisco Bay Area (USA) to cover the Asia Pacific (APAC) Region.
- He / She will demonstrate and sell Precision NanoSystems’ line of instruments and consumables directly to life science accounts such as pharma, academia, biotech and government as well through distribution. He / She will maintain account ownership for development/execution of all sales programs and overall account development in the region. This includes working with existing accounts as well as prospecting for new accounts and customers, developing and closing new business to increase sales of PNI products.
- He / She will manage distribution network and generate product sales growth in the APAC Region. Activities will be centered around creating and managing a strong distribution network capable of growing existing business, generating and penetrating new accounts, outperforming market growth rates and taking competitive share. The RSM will be responsible for engaging our distribution partners' sales people in the field; training and motivating them on our products, promotions, and programs; and then jointly engaging our customers on sales development activities. Collaborate with Distribution sales teams to develop strong relationships including principals and managers of Distribution.
The Regional Sales Manager will identify key decision makers for purchasing PNI systems, as well as identify funding sources, buying process, and key influencers within the assigned region. He / She will represent the product line professionally and scientifically, bring key decision makers together and inspire a vision of what the PNI solutions potentially provide to their work. This highly technical sales position requires customer facing time of ~60% of time. The Regional Sales Manager will rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish sales goals for the assigned territory. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
The Sales Region Manager's role is to ensure achievement of sales objectives through both strategic and tactical activities in line with the Company's mission; develop and maintain strong customer connections at various levels in the accounts and provide regular feedback on status of specific sales opportunities, the market and competition activities.
Areas of Responsibility
- Meet and/or exceed quarterly and annual sales target through development and execution of a region and account-specific sales plan. Assess the market (including trends, competition, economics, etc.), to identify and prioritize strategic opportunities. Partner with key stakeholders as appropriate (including marketing and product management, to develop and plan the overall strategy for targeted accounts. Create and implement annual sales strategies, forecasts and key actions for each target APAC country.
- Successfully navigate and manage complex sales negotiations. Successfully engage and manage a multi-tiered sales process for both capital instruments and consumables.
- Coordinate new installations, including facility inspections, instrument validation, and customer training as needed. Develop a strong working knowledge of PNI products and services as well as applications utilized by our customer base, as well as strong working knowledge of the features and benefits of competitive products.
- Sustained evaluation or awareness of competitor activities and innovations within the marketplace generally. Develop a working knowledge of funding, market dynamics & end-user needs. Provide/facilitate efficient communication on strategic and competitive customer feedback to Marketing and Product Development teams.
- Demonstrate command of scientific knowledge to engage in collaborative sales process. Deliver technology and applications overview presentations, technical/scientific seminars and presentations on PNI solutions and articulate value proposition.
- Facilitates resolution of customer issues by demonstrating a strong broad base of knowledge in business processes, PNI solutions and domain expertise.
- Maintain technical competence on PNI solutions, competitive products and the market trends through extensive reading and attendance of training meetings, industry conferences and research.
- Provide regular accurate sales forecasts, sales pipeline management activities, organize /maintain account and customer contact management in CRM system.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.