Responsible for leading their regional team to achieving their sales goal by developing a strategy that analyzes and manages regional key market drivers that takes into account prescriber dynamics, formulary access through Regional Payors and at Key Institutions, Community Awareness Initiatives, Retail Pull Through, and Key Opinion Leader development and strategy. They will need to attract and hire the best candidates possible with the characteristics and skills that fit with the Myriad culture. They will
provide vision, strategy, motivation, and tactical direction to ensure that their team achieves their sales goal and other corporate objectives. They will provide market insight and help in developing brand strategies and sales team policy and support programs.
* Ensures sales forecasts and operational budgets are met or exceeded within the therapeutic area at a regional level.
* Develops strategies and tactics in collaboration with product teams to provide optimal financial return within the therapeutic area.
* Works with the Regional Sales Director for Managed Care to ensure pull through of managed care strategies with customers within therapeutic area and region.
* Sets objectives, coaches/mentors, assesses performance and addresses skill development for direct reports.
* Works with Manager, Commercial Analytics to assess sales performance and market trends and to determine appropriate adjustments to resource deployment plan to meet or exceed objectives.
* Participates on multi-disciplinary teams to provide perspective on cross functional and sales related issues.
* Proactively identifies best candidates and ensures diverse backgrounds are represented.
* Requires Bachelor's degree
* Minimum of 10 years experience in pharmaceutical sales or healthcare, including management experience in field sales.
* Proven ability to produce strong results in challenging markets.
* Demonstrated leadership, financial management and communications skills.
* Thorough understanding of customer segments and market dynamics within the therapeutic area.
* Ability to lead and manage local field sales leaders and to develop staff through coaching and mentoring.
* MBA or prior experience in a commercial function.
* Experience building teams and multiple product launches.
* Demonstrated presentation and negotiations skills.
* Experience in co-promote opportunities.
* Proven ability to select, develop and promote talented individuals