The Regional Project Specialist will be responsible for managing and growing a network of customers within an assigned territory of accounts. Their focus will be two-fold; foster current customer relationships to maximize pull through, and develop new customer relationships to increase revenue generation across the install base. They will work closely with the Life Sciences commercial teams including Regional Account Managers, Field Application Scientists and Inside Sales to ensure successful partnering to achieve revenue goals.
Territory: UK, Benelux, France, Germany
- Grow existing customer relationships, and establish new customer relationships to achieve assigned consumables sales quotas including monthly and quarterly linearity targets and drive instrument pull through on the existing territory nCounter installed base.
- Become recognized as the go to ‘project consultant’ by customers, in order to generate new consumables projects and expand existing customer projects to grow revenue. Maintain expert domain knowledge on applications, new NanoString publications and NanoString products in order to have maximum credibility and impact with customers and to counter detail effectively versus competitor offerings.
- Drive the entire CodeSet project sales cycle from initial customer engagement to closed sales.
- Prospect for potential customers using direct methods such as calling and face to face meetings, and indirect methods such as networking and partnering with FAS (Field Applications Specialists) and ISR (Inside Sales Representatives).
- Qualify prospects against company criteria for ideal customers and sales stage gating.
- Regularly present to key decision makers and laboratory staff to drive awareness of NanoString products and applications.
- Work with technical support and FAS where required to address customer project requirements. Rapidly handover standard requests for technical support to the FAS and internal technical support teams.
- Develop and maintain territory plans with FAS and ISR which outline how sales targets will be met on an ongoing basis. Maintain expert knowledge on consortia, opportunities presented by new grants and other funding sources at the territory level.
- Develop and maintain key account plans that identify opportunities for company to deliver value, strategic motivators, main stakeholders, buying processes and forecasted sales.
- Highly effective CRM management including detailed notes on prospect and customer interactions and funnel management to enable forecasts on ‘best case’ and ‘most likely’ sales revenue for current and next quarter.
- Partner with marketing to plan and execute lead generation and awareness campaigns.
- Provide feedback to sales management on ways to decrease the sales cycle, enhance sales, and improve company brand and reputation.
- Provide feedback to company management on market trends, competitive threats, unmet needs, and opportunities to deliver greater value to customers by extending company offerings.
- Identify sales support requirements and work with marketing to develop improved sales tools.
- Be a positive representative of the company and its brand in the marketplace.