Speak with a Novo Nordisk recruiter in person at the HireLifeScience.com Career Fair 2015 in Edison, NJ. Register to attend at: http://www.hirelifescience.com/career/default.aspx
Requisition ID 32133BR
Title Regional Medical Scientist - East Coast
Job Category Field Medical
Job Description PURPOSE:
The purpose of this role is to provide coverage to top and strategic KOL’s within region, acts as a link to Princeton Home Office, serves as a resource to field medical team, and supports research and other strategic projects. The overall goal of this position is to raise the effectiveness and quality of scientific exchange of the entire field medical team.
The RMS will report directly to the regional Field Director. Serves as a medical expert to regional FMA team, regional sales management colleagues, Medical Directors, Strategy & Operations colleagues. External customers will include influential medical opinion leaders within region. Serves as the consultant to top management in long term range company planning.
* Combines account management skills, business acumen, and scientific expertise to enhance value and develop collaborative relationships.
* Establishes the medical account strategy/plan through the identification and cultivation of key relationships and brings forth appropriate collaboration opportunities.
* Acts as the Regional point for IIS and Trial Site support as needed
* Consultants resource for regional MLS
* Participants on MARC teams in region
* Covers top 20 strategic National and Regional KOL’s in area
* Ensures compliance with all internal/external SOPS/rules and regulations regarding NNI products, customer interaction, relationships, etc.
* Supports and manages broader KOL base within region as Consultant resource for regional MLs
* Acts as the FMA delegate to CMR Project Houses & EBTs
* Assists in capturing and coordinating regional feedback/insights
* Gathers customer insight regarding NNI and competitor product to help inform medical and commercial decision making
* Home Office Liaison Responsibility
* Key liaison between Home Office and Field
* Provides expert medical product support
* Provides PRB support as needed/MAR Review
* Develops, conducts and reviews Sales training content
* Provides internal training – FMA and Sales
* Provides regional team meeting support
* Supports development of field tools
* Working with the FD, shadow and mentor MLs therapeutic focus
* Works with the FD, assists with on-boarding new-hires – therapeutic focus
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* A MD required
* A minimum of one year pharmaceutical experience working in a matrix organization required as ML or Medical Director; 3 years’ experience preferred
* Clinical trial experience (preferred)
* Physician boarded in specialty area (e.g., endocrinology) preferred & 5 years clinical practice
* Prior experience in a teaching/training role preferred
* Strong interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Approximately 50-70% overnight travel
Department CMR - EAST COAST
Position Location US - Field Based - Across US
State/Provinces US - PA
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in applying for employment with Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call the U.S. Toll Free number at 1-855-411-5290 or email [email protected] with your request. Please note we do not accept applications for employment or employment related solicitations through this email address. If you are requesting special assistance, please specify your request in the body of your email. We will not be able to respond to requests unless you specify the need for special assistance or an accommodation in your message. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Compliance, Endocrinology, Engineering, Healthcare, Legal, Medical, Pharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical Sales, Research, Research Scientist, Sales, Science, Scientific, Scientist