Regional Manager - (territory to include North TX/OK) Invitae is seeking an Regional Manager (RM) to develop and grow the Southern Region and to exceed sales goals for Invitae’s fully informative hereditary cancer and general genetic testing menu. This encompasses the creation and implementation of a territory business plan as well as the specific sales strategy within a defined geographic region. The AE will be responsible for managing business results, sales activities, and cross functional initiatives in their respective territory. He/She will be responsible for making the day to day decisions required to manage a productive territory, retain existing customer base of business while growing sales through new account acquisition. Securing and analyzing relevant information, knowledge of territory, market intelligence, environmental factors and political landscape, to identify key issues and committing to action after developing alternative solutions that take into consideration strategic objectives, resource constraints and organizational values. The successful AE will also be responsible for a positive ROI within their specified territory. This may be a position covering several states requiring frequent travel.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Duties
- Achievement of territory sales objectives; revenue and expenses
- Development and execution of a territory business plan that aligns with the regional and national strategy
- Direct execution of sales strategies and tactics, and implementation of sales and marketing plans
- Maintain profitable sales to expense ratio
- Manage individual territory activities, ensuring return on investment spends
- Maximize sales pull-through opportunities that are aligned with Invitae’s managed care strategy to achieve or exceed revenue targets
- Develop and maintain key customer relationships with target audiences; assists in developing business solutions that are mutually beneficial; applies broader business scenarios and customer-focused models to achieve breakthrough results
- Maintain high level of product and market knowledge
- Assist in programs designed to promote or facilitate product sales and the Invitae culture/image
- Participate in cross functional teams that support all customer facing roles within the assigned geographic region
- Identify client-bill contracting opportunities with academic medical centers, large cancer centers, health systems, and other strategically important key accounts
- Full compliance with Invitae’s CRM solution for the defined geographic region
Required Skills and Experience
- Leadership: The successful candidate must be a high energy, charismatic leader who is first a talented, strategically oriented, highly ethical business executive with strong executive presence and presentation skills. He/she will have the skills and ability to quickly gain credibility and respect with both the internal and external constituents. He/she will participate by example to ensure a good and compliant working environment, while at the same time maintaining accountability for delivering upon commitments.
- Driving Results: The successful candidate will have an accomplished track record in growing complex organizations. History of success maintaining key relationships, demonstrated ability to drive strategic sales/marketing solutions, demonstrated ability to execute sales strategy focusing on net sales growth while leveraging existing customer relationships into increasing market share and developing and executing plans to deliver new channels of distribution.
- Building and Managing Relationships: The successful candidate will have comfort and experience interacting with key strategic accounts, thought leaders and Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) instrumental and other influential healthcare executives in the oncology commercial and research/development continuum that defines the operating complexity of the biotechnology / Personalized Medicine / MDx industry.
Education and Required Experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a relevant industry/commercial environment (pharmaceutical, diagnostics, research products) as a sales professional
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Deep domain knowledge of the Diagnostic Services industry. Molecular Diagnostic experience strongly preferred
- Experience selling Oncology/genetic based tests and services into the geneticist, genetic counseling and/or Oncology clinical communities preferred.
- Experience within complex selling environments required.
- Direct experience in either the diagnostics (preferred) or pharmaceutical market.
- Ability to travel required
- (Abilities as evidenced through activities or behaviors that are similar to those required on the job, including dealing with ambiguity, action oriented, self-development, and decision quality)
- Able to prioritize and align organizational goals and objectives; enables innovation
- Through quick decision making and encourages a sense of urgency; ensures rigor in operational excellence and focuses on outcomes with clear measures and metrics
- Interpersonal flexibility to effectively interact with a broad range of personnel
- Ability to develop and utilize cross-functional relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals and objectives
- Advanced presentation skills and business acumen a necessity
- Ability to work effectively with minimal direction
- Problem solving, decision making and technical learningAdvanced written and oral communication skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Sophistication to manage business in complex environments
- Demonstrates Invitae's Values by acting with integrity, respect and trust