Providence is calling a Regional Director of Laboratory Quality Systems and Compliance to Providence Office Park in Portland, OR.
The regional lab departments supporting Oregon, including hospital locations, PMGs and outreach customers, are going through significant test development and menu expansion with new technologies in mass spectrometry and genomics being implemented.
At the same time federal laboratory regulations, specifically the FDA, are changing and expanding oversight. The chosen candidate will be able to guide the the technical areas in setting up appropriate quality and regulatory frameworks to be successful within the new FDA guidelines, especially related to LDTs.
In this position, you will:
• Have the responsibility of ensuring that all activities of the Oregon Regional Laboratories meet or exceed the established standards and requirements for accreditation, certification, and regulatory compliance.
• Provide leadership to the regional labs in order to achieve quality through management of the laboratory quality system. In concert with senior laboratory medical and administrative leadership, may refine, adjust and/or amend the quality plan as needed.
• Integrate accuracy, timeliness, compliance, and affordability into all Providence laboratories across the Oregon Region.
• Have a deep understanding of macro healthcare trends in order to successfully collaborate across traditional department and organizational boundaries.
• Possess excellent analytical skills necessary to investigate department variances and perform root cause analyses.
• Demonstrate success implementing corrective and preventive actions that measurably improve quality
• Have experience with customer focused measures of quality and service.
• Have experience with hybrid lab organizations that are equivalent to commercial labs while still serving the critical and emergent patients populations.
• Demonstrate ability to achieve goals within a larger healthcare system.