The Regional Account Manager drives revenue growth to meet or exceed sales revenue targets that are based on strategic product areas within the growing nanoString portfolio. The RAM will work to synchronize the nanoString portfolio with the customer’s workflow, in both a consultative and technical manner. The RAM will pull together internal resources to support and create strategic customer relationships, and will support the development of nanoString Key Opinion Leaders, in the Genomics and Proteomics marketplace. The RAM will bring to nanoString market feedback on product fitness and support the continued development of our portfolio. The RAM will position products and handle customer objections, and also demonstrate successful use of the nanoString portfolio by our current client base. He/she works in concert with the District Sales Manager to develop and drive strategy key regional strategies in our areas of focus. He/she collaborates with the Inside Sales and Field Application Specialists to deliver complete product and service solutions to nanoString clients. He/she must be able to form strategic alliances and design solutions that support pipeline evolution; drive opportunities to a close and achieve long-term sustainable business.
Territory: UK & Ireland
- Establish relationships with new accounts and secure sales with new customers that achieve assigned sales quotas including monthly and quarterly linearity targets.
- Drive the entire capital equipment sales cycle from initial customer engagement to closed sales including pilot projects.
- Prospect for potential customers using various direct methods such as calling and face to face meetings, and indirect methods such as networking and partnering with FAS and ISR.
- Partner with RPS to identify large CodeSet customers as prospects for additional instrument sales into existing installed account.
- Qualify prospects against company criteria for ideal customers and sales stage gating.
- Consult with prospect about business challenges and requirements, as well as the range of options and value proposition of each.
- Maintain a high level of relevant domain knowledge in order to have meaningful conversations with prospects.
- Identify and present to key decision makers including senior executives and managers.
- Work with technical support and marketing product specialists where required to address customer requirements.
- Develop and maintain territory plans with the RPS, FAS and ISR, which outline how sales targets will be met on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and maintain key account plans that identify opportunities for company to deliver value, strategic motivators, main stakeholders, buying processes and forecasted sales.
- Highly effective CRM management including detailed notes on prospect and customer interactions and funnel management to enable forecasts on best case and most likely sales revenue for current and next quarter.
- Cultivate strong relationships with third party and partner companies that may be required to deliver full solutions to customers (ie. cell sorting and quality antibodies).
- Partner with Marketing to plan and execute lead generation campaigns.
- Provide feedback to sales management on ways to decrease the sales cycle, enhance sales, and improve company brand and reputation.
- Provide feedback to company management on market trends, competitive threats, unmet needs, and opportunities to deliver greater value to customers by extending company offerings.
- Identify sales support requirements and work with marketing to develop improved sales tools.
- Be a positive representative of the company and its brand in the marketplace.
- Conduct all sales activities with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity.