Regional Account Manager – NY/NJ/Eastern PA. Self-motivated, entrepreneurial and results-oriented technical sales person required, with a proven track record in Life Science sales. Excellent knowledge of Molecular Biology Technology and Genomics preferred. Successful candidate needs to be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of an innovative, highly technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base in Life Science Research and Molecular Diagnostics. Proven ability required in achieving maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment to effectively promote and sell NanoString Technologies products and/or related services. Reports directly to the Director of Sales, EAST.
- Meets and exceed territory sales revenue targets and product sales objectives across the NanoString product portfolio.
- Proactive high frequency prospecting and acquisition of new customer accounts.
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products/services.
- Develops clear and effective written Territory/Account plans for maintaining current customer base and driving new customer acquisition.
- Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines financial and competitive landscape for incremental sales growth.
- Develop and maintain high quality Key Opinion Leader relationships.
- Meticulously maintains company CRM and accurate development and forecasting of sales pipeline.
- Effective cross-functional communication and interaction with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Effectively participates in trade shows, conventions and conferences.