Invitae is seeking Regional Managers (RM) to develop and grow a territory and to exceed sales goals for Invitae’s fully informative genetic testing menu. This encompasses the creation and implementation of a territory business plan as well as the specific sales strategy within a defined geographic region. The RM will be responsible for managing business results, sales activities, and cross-functional initiatives in their respective territory. He/She will be responsible for making the day-to-day decisions required to manage a productive territory, retain existing customer base of business while growing sales through new account acquisition. Securing and analyzing relevant information, knowledge of territory, market intelligence, environmental factors and political landscape, to identify key issues and committing to action after developing alternative solutions that take into consideration strategic objectives, resource constraints and organizational values. The successful RM will also be responsible for a positive ROI within their specified territory. This may be a position covering several states requiring frequent travel.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Achievement of territory sales objectives; revenue and expenses
- Development and execution of a territory business plan that aligns with the regional and national strategy
- Direct execution of sales strategies and tactics, and implementation of sales and marketing plans.
- Maintain profitable sales to expense ratio.
- Manage individual territory activities, ensuring return on investment
- Maximize sales pull-through opportunities that are aligned with INVITAE’s managed care strategy to achieve or exceed revenue targets.
- Develop and maintain key customer relationships with target audiences; assists in developing business solutions that are mutually beneficial; applies broader business scenarios and customer-focused models to achieve breakthrough results.
- Maintain high level of product and market knowledge.
- Assist in programs designed to promote or facilitate product sales and the INVITAE culture/image.
- Participate in cross-functional teams that support all customer-facing roles within the assigned geographic region.
- Identify client-bill contracting opportunities with academic medical centers, health systems, and other strategically important key accounts.
- Full compliance with INVITAE’s CRM solution for the defined geographic region.