As the center of the NanoString Commercial Operating System, a successful Regional Account Manager will provide strategic direction and tactical focus within the assigned territory. Clear strategic intentions convey the local team's purpose making it clear how everyone can contribute and "make their mark" to meet and beat quota. The Regional Account Manager is responsible for identifying and establishing relationships with new customer accounts for the sale of capital equipment and pilot projects leading to instrument sales. The RAM will work closely with the Life Sciences commercial teams including Field Application Scientists, Regional Project Specialists, Regional Marketing and Inside Sales to ensure successful partnering to achieve territory revenue goals.
Territory: All UK and Ireland with exception of London and Cambridge.
- Establish relationships with new accounts and secure sales with new customers that achieve assigned sales quotas including monthly and quarterly linearity targets.
- Drive the entire capital equipment sales cycle from initial customer engagement to closed sales including pilot projects.
- Prospect for potential customers using various direct methods such as calling and face to face meetings, and indirect methods such as networking and partnering with FAS and ISR.
- Partner with RPS to identify large CodeSet customers as prospects for additional instrument sales into existing installed account.
- Qualify prospects against company criteria for ideal customers and sales stage gating.
- Consult with prospect about business challenges and requirements, as well as the range of options and value proposition of each.
- Maintain a high level of relevant domain knowledge in order to have meaningful conversations with prospects.
- Identify and present to key decision makers including senior executives and managers.
- Work with technical support and marketing product specialists where required to address customer requirements.
- Develop and maintain territory plans with the RPS, FAS and ISR, which outline how sales targets will be met on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and maintain key account plans that identify opportunities for company to deliver value, strategic motivators, main stakeholders, buying processes and forecasted sales.
- Highly effective CRM management including detailed notes on prospect and customer interactions and funnel management to enable forecasts on best case and most likely sales revenue for current and next quarter.
- Cultivate strong relationships with third party and partner companies that may be required to deliver full solutions to customers (i.e. cell sorting and quality antibodies).
- Partner with Marketing to plan and execute lead generation campaigns.
- Provide feedback to sales management on ways to decrease the sales cycle, enhance sales, and improve company brand and reputation.
- Provide feedback to company management on market trends, competitive threats, unmet needs, and opportunities to deliver greater value to customers by extending company offerings.
- Identify sales support requirements and work with marketing to develop improved sales tools.
- Be a positive representative of the company and its brand in the marketplace.
- Conduct all sales activities with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity.