* Develop and execute payer management strategies and formulate new, mutually-beneficial initiatives to address the evolving demands of the marketplace.
* Gain a detailed operational knowledge of regional account customers and be adept at helping those customers identify their specific needs.
* Use broad input to generate options and then secure needed internal resources to draft and execute account plans.
* Assess levels of risk and develop contingencies for account plan failures.
* Identify, develop, sell-in, and pull-through commercial propositions that enhance customer and Myriad key performance indicators.
* Negotiate new contracts and manage existing contracts to optimize reimbursement, access, policy and processes.
* Work closely with Myriad’s sales, customer service, medical policy specialist, billing and medical services teams to identify contracting and process improvement opportunities consistent with company objectives.
* Employ strong project management skills by prioritizing and leading multiple tasks concurrently.
Candidates for the position should have a BS or BA with a minimum 5-7 years of proven success in healthcare related sales, key account management, contracting, or comparable experience. Candidates should have a strong knowledge of healthcare industry and validated success working with commercial insurers and or government payers. Candidates should have well developed organizational, communication, presentation and negotiation skills. Strategic account management, previous managed care contracting experience and in-depth knowledge of the insurance industry is strongly preferred. Approximately 15-20% travel is required.
Physical and Mental Requirements of the job:
Carrying, Communicating, Coordinating