The vision, innovation, and devotion of Affymetrix employees help us empower scientists around the world to alleviate human suffering. It is not just the sheer power of our technology that inspires us; it is the potential for it to help people. Our employees create a highly energized, team-oriented work environment. Here is where you can make a difference.
Affymetrix, Inc. has an immediate need for an experienced Contract Recruiter to join our Talen Acquisition team. The Contract Recruiter will be responsible for full cycle recruiting for a wide variety of positions, such as Sales, IT, R&D, Marketing, Finance, and Software Engineers among others. This is a unique opportunity for a focused, results-driven recruiting professional to truly make a difference, and contribute to the growth of Affymetrix.
* Partner with hiring manager to develop the position requirements, identify the role of the interview team, assign competencies using both technical and behavioral interviewing models
* Partner with HR Partners in order to attract and hire talent that will help to sustain and contribute to the Affymetrix culture
* Develop and execute a sourcing strategy, pre-screen candidates and deliver pre-qualified diverse candidates for hiring manager’s evaluation
* Identify and screen active and passive candidates with qualities and skills consistent with Affymetrix environment and position requirements
* Utilize solid negotiating skills to successfully close candidates
* Provide weekly and ad hoc updates to HR team, hiring managers and business partners as needed
* Generate and consistently expand a quality pipeline of candidates under tight timelines
* Following new employees through their first months of work to ensure retention and satisfaction
* 5+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience, with two years of Life Sciences/Biotech recruitment experience.
* Experience working in a fast-paced, highly matrix organization
* Proven track record of finding unique ways to source and attract qualified candidates
* Superior selection skills and a high level of proficiency in assessing individuals
* Proven ability cultivating successful relationships internally and externally
* Results driven, ability to demonstrate/quantify success relative to established targets and metrics
* Strong listening, facilitation and communications skills
* Strong organizational, multi-tasking and computer and web skills, along with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations/information
* Proficiency with staffing-related technologies, preferably with Taleo Recruit
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work well independently and within a team environment
Affymetrix, Inc., (NASDAQ:AFFX) is a pioneer in creating breakthrough tools that are driving the genomic revolution. Here at Affymetrix we strive to provide leadership and support, partnering with our customers in pharmaceutical, diagnostic, and biotechnology companies, as well as leading academic, government, and nonprofit research institutes in their quest for answers toward using biology for a better world. More than 2,300 systems have been shipped around the world and more than 65,000 peer-reviewed papers have been published using the technology. Affymetrix ;is headquartered in Santa Clara, California, and has manufacturing facilities in Cleveland, Ohio, San Diego, California, Singapore and Vienna, Austria. The Company has about 1,100 employees worldwide and maintains sales and distribution operations across Europe, Asia and Latin America.
We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment. We are also committed to supporting the aspirations and achievements of our employees. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie within providing meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive total rewards programs (e.g., compensation, benefits, development, etc.) reflect our high regard for our employees. For more information about Affymetrix, please visit www.affymetrix.com.
Affymetrix is an EEO/AA Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability