The Genetic Sequencing Division is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Development Scientist to work on a team developing qPCR based microbial detection applications for regulated markets. The candidate will have strong experimental skills, a broad understanding of molecular biology and/or biotechnology, and an understanding of regulated product development (CE-IVD or US IVD). The ability to collaborate effectively as part of a cross functional team including R&D, Software, Product Managers, Manufacturing and external partners is essential.
- Job Description Details:
- Execute Research and Development activities through all phases of product development.
- Perform clinical sample extraction, qPCR assay and experiment optimization, experiments in molecular biology laboratories (including a BSL2 lab), including operation of liquid handling systems, on a regular basis.
- Optimize product and process using statistical tools (DOE, MSA, etc.)
- Develop testing protocols, prepare project reports, and present study designs and results in PowerPoint to the project team.
- Interact cross functionally. Transfer new qPCR product and process to Manufacturing.
- Support On-Market product and manufacturing troubleshooting with strong “customer-first” mind set.
- Follow regulatory compliance in ISO 9001 and 13485.
- Adapt to fast-paced environment and project priority shift effectively and efficiently.