Summary: Under close supervision, responsible for performing basic operating tasks such as cleaning, equipment storage, raw material handling and defect inspection of the product.
Essential Job Functions:
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization?s policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws.
- Loads and unloads machines.
- Monitors room conditions--pressure, temperature, and humidity gauges to ensure the room atmosphere does not vary from conditions specified in the Batch Record or the product being produced. Immediately contacts designated personnel if room temperature and humidity are out of specification, static electricity builds up, or other problems with equipment, materials, or operating conditions exist.
- Performs basic documentation requirements (i.e., cleaning log, tags, labels). Requests room releases, completes processing room equipment ID tags and pallet ID tags
- Performs major and minor room and equipment cleaning.
- Effectively locates required information in Batch Record, SOP, tags, labels, etc. - Performs product inspections for defects.
- Weigh materials.
- Operates auxiliary equipment independently.
- Works in team oriented environment. Assists other Operators as necessary to ensure scheduled work in completed in a timely manner.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Standard Operating Procedures for process rooms and manufacturing areas.
- GMP compliance in a regulated work environment.
- Basic math skills.
- Record keeping skills.
- Current Company policies and practices, including safety rules and regulations.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions: Incumbents in this class are subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, walking, pushing and pulling, stooping and crouching climbing and walking, vision to monitor, occasional lifting of equipment or materials weighing up to 50-70 pounds. Work is performed in a manufacturing environment with noise levels varying from moderate to loud depending upon machinery usage. Work performed may require the use of a respirator and incumbents may be subject to a Pulmonary Function Test (PFT) to determine eligibility for fit-testing.
Minimum Qualifications: High School diploma or equivalent, and minimum of thirteen (13) or more years experience, preferably in pharmaceuticals, cosmetics or food industry; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.