Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
As a Research and Development Scientist in the Diagnostics and Genomics Group, you will participate in the development of ground breaking library prep and target enrichment solutions for Next Generation Sequencing with a focus on lab automation. You will work with a multi-functional team to develop new products and instrumentation with applications for cancer research and diagnostics. In this key role you will use your molecular biology expertise and technical knowledge to design, plan, optimize, and automate NGS target enrichment and analysis workflows. Laboratory expertise should include Next Generation Sequencing and analysis and hands-on molecular biology, and/or biochemistry. The ability to work with hardware and software engineers, large datasets, and perform bioinformatic analysis is beneficial.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Initiate experimental design, verification and validation, QC development, and critical analysis of data, in coordination with Agilent bioinformatics and engineering team, using the Product Life Cycle process
- Ensure application of appropriate design controls, documentation, and regulatory requirements in the development of products as advised by Quality/Regulatory Assurance
- Communicate effectively with members of the product team across all functions, including the status of R&D activities as vital to meet timelines and works with R&D staff to transfer results into Agilent products
- Take part in developing the scientific strategy for future products, including screening the literature for appropriate novel methods that can be demonstrated
- In collaboration with marketing, define specifications for new products, taking into account the latest scientific innovations and customer needs in this field
- Provide recommendations to the product team by attending relevant scientific conferences to learn what is new and cutting edge
- Lead the generation of white papers, application notes, or patent applications related to existing and new products
- Succeed with a minimum level of mentorship, while successfully multitasking among several competing initiatives