2450 SE Oak Tree Ct
Ankeny, IA 50021
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
At our Ankeny Iowa site, we develop best-in-class automated electrophoresis instrument and reagent product lines within the Biomolecular Analysis Division.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for an R&D Scientist.
This individual will develop novel automated electrophoresis instruments and assays within the Biomolecular Analysis Division at Agilent Technologies, located in Ankeny, Iowa. The R&D scientist will generate new concepts and turn the concepts into innovative products for the analysis of DNA, RNA and proteins. This person will work with engineers and scientists within the global R&D organization to drive projects forward. You will also partner with other functions including marketing, manufacturing and quality as a member of cross-functional project teams to develop new products according to Agilent's product lifecycle.
- Initiate design and execute development of new products and solutions for Agilent's automated electrophoresis platforms
- Together with the development team, verify and validate performance of new instrumentation, software and assays
- Follow Agilent's product lifecycle and document experimental design, test plans and test results
- Work closely with marketing, quality, product support and manufacturing
- Follow the latest technology trends and propose new insights for further research and development. Generate proof-of-concept results to show feasibility
- Present research findings and testing results to project teams as well as management
- Publish and present research at internal and external technical forums. File patents when necessary
- Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, Molecular Biology or related field
- 4 + years of hands-on experience with electrophoresis in research. Deep theoretical knowledge of capillary electrophoresis is required
- Practical experience in the separation of DNA, RNA and particularly proteins is strongly desired
- Knowledge in Agilent's automated electrophoresis products is a strong plus
- Experience in building analytical instrumentations is helpful
- Proven track record in research and publication is required
- Ability in solving complex technical issues and driving solutions and innovations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply