Pathoquest has developed a unique NGS-based metagenomics diagnostic test to identify pathogens in infectious diseases. It combines molecular biology technologies, high throughput sequencing and bio-informatics, to produce actionable report in less than 3 days. The first available test, iDTECT Blood, is now CE marked/CE-IVD.
The individual in this role will be responsible for leading a team focused on the development of newer applications of the company's proprietary diagnostic testing methology which utillizes a metagenomics-based NGS approach for the identifcation of pathogens. This position will report to the company's Chief Scientific Officer.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Timely development, execution, and management of scientific studies which contribute to the success of the company's scientific programs.
- Collaborative interaction across cross functional teams related to new product development activities.
- The compilation and reporting of scientific data, including support for publication of this data and patent writing
- Insuring compliance with the company's Quality Management System (ISO-13485) and associated documentation.
- Maintaining a high level of expertise in the microbiology field through scientific and competitive intelligence.