The R&D Bioinformatics Scientist, NGS will be an addition to the bioinformatics and genomics capability within Twist R&D and will play a key role in expanding Twist’s Next-Generation Sequencing product portfolio. The R&D NGS team designs and develops Next-Generation Sequencing-based methods, applications and panels, and works with other departments within Twist to cover all aspects of products from concept to development to commercial launch. The ideal candidate will have a strong domain knowledge in cancer genomics and have experience applying that knowledge with next generation sequencing.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with scientists and research associates in all phases of R&D work including experimental design, data analysis, and data interpretation/troubleshooting.
- Performing panel design and analysis for the development of NGS products and applications read alignment, targeted sequencing, mapping, annotation, and variant calling.
- Writing and packaging off-the-shelf scripts into custom pipelines for NGS data analysis, enabling data analysis by non-bioinformaticians
- Communicating internally with other departments and externally with customers and collaborators about technological capabilities through direct interactions and collateral.
Additional desired qualities include:
- Familiarity with version control (git, subversion)
- Experience with target enrichment
- Experience in clinical laboratory testing
- Experience with Seven Bridges, DNA Nexus or similar platform