The Department of Infectious Disease and Vaccines at MedImmune, LLC is seeking a broadly-skilled, productive researcher to support multiple projects at various stages of the biologic product development pipeline. As a member of the Infectious Disease group, the candidate will investigate new approaches towards eliciting an anti-tumor response. Specifically the candidate will be part of a team to evaluate novel vaccine candidate platforms for the prevention or treatment of cancer. The selected individual will be a well-organized and highly productive bench scientist who can design and execute experiments efficiently and interpret data in the context of multidisciplinary project teams. The position requires the ability to embrace new technologies quickly and the ability to perform in a fast-paced, matrix-structured work environment.
R&D Associate I Level:
BS with 0 -2 years experience
R&D Associate II Level:
BS with 2 - 5 years experience
MS with 0 - 2 years experience
* Degree in virology, molecular biology, immunology, or other related field.
* Relevant experience in industry (preferred) or academia
He/she will have general knowledge of the fields of virology, molecular biology and immunology.
* Strong hands-on experience with cell culture and viral propagation
* Experience with molecular biology techniques such as molecular cloning, site-direct mutagenesis, RT-PCR and qPCR
* Strong assay development skills
* Experience performing standard laboratory procedures for the study of protein expression such as Western blot, ELISA and immune-staining techniques
* Willingness to work with BSL-2 and BSL-2* infectious agents (vaccination will be required)
* Ability to prepare precise technical reports, summaries, protocols, quantitative analyses, and maintain appropriate documentation
* Ability to conceive experimental designs, interpret data, propose to improvements to and troubleshoot experimental protocols
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Highly organized with the ability to develop focused work packages, prioritize based on defined goals, and work both independently and as part of a team
Preferred but not required:
* Experience with DNA viruses
* Experience in working with animal models for oncology or chronic viral disease
* Experience developing therapeutic vaccines for chronic viral infections
* Experience in evaluating immunological responses to viral infection by various means such as multi-color flow cytometry, EliSpot, MSD and Luminex
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation Req ID 9553 Position Category Research - Infectious Disease