R & D Scientist II
GeneDx is a rapidly growing CAP and CLIA certified diagnostic genetic testing laboratory for molecular genetics. Our historic mission has been to make clinical diagnostic testing available for people with genetic conditions and their families. We apply cutting edge technologies that provide a wide array of molecular genetic diagnostic tests, including whole exome sequencing and next-generation sequencing panels. We specialize in genetic testing for rare hereditary disorders, but also test for common disorders. To learn more about GeneDx, please visit our website at www.genedx.com
This position will be part of the R&D team responsible for developing new technologies and molecular tests for mutation analysis in our CAP/CLIA certified Clinical Sequencing Laboratories.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the invention, development, testing and evaluation of next generation sequencing technologies.
- Identify bottlenecks and streamline clinical laboratory testing procedures.
- Design high throughput and scalable next generation sequencing assays for fully automated clinical laboratories.
- Extensive hands-on use and troubleshooting of Illumina sequencing instruments.
- Analysis of next generation sequencing data and interpretation of results.
- Basic shell scripting.
- Fundamental understanding of molecular biology techniques and principles.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize laboratory and data analysis tasks.
- Strong inter personal skills and the ability to lead the successful completion of experiments.
- Ability to correlate next generation sequencing data with changes in the laboratory procedure.