GeneDx is rapidly growing CLIA-Certified diagnostic genetics laboratory. We provide cutting edge technologies for genetic molecular diagnostics and offer vital, new-platform products in the critical area of molecular diagnostics. We specialize in genetic testing for rare hereditary disorders, but also test for common disorders. Our primary mission is to make clinical testing available to people with rare genetic conditions and their families. Because of our tremendous growth, we are in search a full time R & D Scientist.
GeneDx is recruiting for an R & D Scientist who will be part of the R&D team responsible for developing new technologies and molecular tests for mutation analysis in our CAP/CLIA-certified Clinical Sequencing Laboratories.
Responsibilities will include:
- · Development, testing and evaluation of next generation sequencing technologies.
- · Identify bottlenecks and potential solutions for streamlining testing procedures.
- · Design high throughput and scalable next generation sequencing assays for fully automated clinical laboratories.
- · Extensive hands-on use and troubleshooting of Illumina sequencing instruments.
- · Analysis of next generation sequencing data and interpretation of results.
- · Fundamental understanding of molecular biology techniques and principles.
- · Ability to multitask and prioritize laboratory and data analysis tasks.
- · Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully complete projects.
- · Ability to correlate next generation sequencing data with changes in the laboratory procedure.