We're seeking a Quality Inspector to join our team! The Quality Inspector is an individual contributor role, responsible for the day-to-day receiving and inspection activities of the organization. This individual will perform receipt inspections by examining inbound equipment and materials for required characteristics specified int he material specification documents. The Quality Inspector must support and meet tight deadlines on a continuous basis while staying focused on procedures. This individual will work both independently and in a supportive, diverse team.
About the Role:
- Responsible for visual inspection of incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials
- Document acceptance or rejection of materials/parts in the ERP system
- Collect appropriate samples of required raw material that support GMP manufacturing samples and submit for confirmatory testing
- Responsible for accurately recording inspection results and maintaining good documentation practices (GDP)
- Accurately quarantining materials that do not meet incoming criteria or require confirmatory testing
- Ensure that final acceptance has been accomplished for all incoming product and has been properly labeled for release into the warehouse
- Verify all documentation as required per the raw material is received, accurate, within specification and filed accordingly. Accurately document and compare results against certificates/specifications
- Initiate applicable reports for non-conforming materials and CAPA related activities
- Create, revise and update standard operating procedures (SOP) as requested
- Train and assist colleagues in the proper compliance to internal work procedures and practices
- Experience working in a quality environment
- High School diploma and six months' work experience in related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of materials' intended use for maximizing effective inspection and release of products
- Basic computer skills including a work processing, and spreadsheet/data tracking analysis
- Strong attention to detail and accurate record keeping
Who is Aldevron?
Aldevron is a leader in advancing biological science. Our custom development and manufacturing services provide scientists around the world with the essential components to accelerate research and open up their laboratories for groundbreaking science and breakthrough discoveries.
Why choose Aldevron?
We are in a landmark moment in the history of life science, and Aldevron is at the center of it. With our commitment to quality, we provide career opportunities that allow employees to grow and succeed, while helping make everybody's lives better.