Pacific Biosciences is looking for a Quality Engineer to support the R&D department. He/she is responsible for developing quality processes and methodologies: working closely with the R&D staff to ensure quality is an integral part of their design control process. The Quality Engineer is responsible for driving continual product and process improvement and to provide compliance guidance.
• Lead the product risk assessment effort.
• Establish and maintain quality plans, to assure products will meet expectations of our target customers.
• Establish and maintain quality performance metrics
• Assist in the identification and resolution of quality issues. Manage and facilitate the root cause & corrective actions system through tracking and validation of issues.
• Work with R&D to determine product specifications and tolerances. Participate in design reviews to assure product subsystem quality, reliability, etc.
• Support process capability analyses to investigate the ability of suppliers and production processes to meet defined specifications and quality standards.
• Audit R&D against released design control processes and procedures
• Support R&D with human factor\usability requirements
• Support R&D with SW Development Lifecycle