Pacific Biosciences is looking for a Quality Engineer to support the manufacturing department. In this role, the candidate will work closely with the manufacturing and supply chain organizations to ensure quality is an integral part of their process. He/she is responsible for developing quality processes, plans and methodologies. The Quality Engineer is responsible for driving continual product and process improvement for both NPI and Manufacturing activities.
• Lead the development of FMEAs for manufacturing teams to identify critical risks to be addressed.
• Establish and maintain quality plans to assure products will meet expectations of our target customers.
• Establish and maintain quality performance metrics
• Support process capability analyses to investigate the ability of suppliers and production processes to meet defined specifications and quality standards.
• Audit manufacturing lines against released manufacturing processes and procedures.
• Assist in the identification and resolution of manufacturing quality issues. Manage and facilitate the root cause & corrective actions system through tracking and validation of issues.
• Manage nonconforming material through the MRB process to ensure that nonconforming material is identified, appropriately dispositioned, tracked, and reported.
• Participate in supplier selection; audit suppliers when appropriate.
• Participate in design reviews to assure product subsystem quality, reliability, etc.
• Support manufacturing teams with process validation and equipment qualification.