Quality Control (QC) Scientist I, Protein, supports production of recombinant proteins at Aldevron's Madison, WI facility. Individual is primarily responsible for performing release testing, ensuring that products meet or exceed all quality specifications. Additionally, the QC Scientist will manage and execute stability studies. The individual may also participate in assay design and development activities, technology transfer and other quality related functions as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform quality testing of recombinant proteins in support of manufacturing, validation, process development and stability studies.
- Responsible for assisting with assay design, qualification of test methods, writing and review of documents, internal process reviews and basic equipment maintenance.
- Responsible for accurately recording experimental results in real-time; store/save and report data per Aldevron conventions.
- Responsible for using analytical equipment and techniques to characterize recombinant proteins, including:
- Reverse Phase HPLC
- Analytical Size Exclusion Chromatography
- SDS-PAGE and Western Blot
- UV/Vis and Fluorescence Spectroscopy (cuvette and multi-well plate)
- Endotoxin Detection Assays
- Temperature controlled chamber for spectrophotometric analysis for activity assays
- Contribute to the identification, evaluation and implementation of new laboratory equipment and methods
- Responsible for helping with technical transfer of assays as assigned
- Adhere to all Company environmental health and safety procedures
- All employees are responsible for the general upkeep of work and shared spaces.
- Other duties as assigned.