The Quality Control Analyst I ensures the quality of processes and products in support of all manufacturing areas within Integrated DNA Technologies.
- Analyzes data and information for quality, consistency, and accuracy
- Uses a variety of analytical and sample handling equipment
- Maintains accurate and detailed sample, product and instrument records
- Contributes to and supports an efficient manufacturing environment
- Complies with the requirements for an ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 environment
- Understands and performs necessary emergency, safety and cleaning procedures
- Handles sample and reagent preparations (carefully and accurately) for analytical and functional assays
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values
- Performs other duties as assigned
Department Specific Functions:
- Uses manual dexterity and technical proficiency with pipetting
- Understands and complies with the requirements for an ISO 13485 environment
- Operates, processes data and analyzes data from multiple analytical instruments (ie. NMR, GC, UV-Vis, Mass Spec, Capillary Electrophoresis, RP-HPLC, assays)
- Uses a variety of features in Microsoft Excel as well as IDT specific software (LabView, MC, Pilgrim, AX)
- Communicates openly and effectively to ensure detailed information transfer within the group and across shifts
- Bachelor's degree in a science related field or Associate's degree with 2 years relevant experience required
- Analytical instrumentation experience preferred
- Proficient with computers and variety of software in windows-based environment required
Other Job Qualifications
- Skill of attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work as a team
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change
- Knowledge of current relevant technological advancements
- Adaptability to performing under stress when confronted with emergent, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or situation in which working speed and sustained attention are make-or-break aspects of the job.
- Adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.