Purpose: Performs environmental monitoring of the aseptic area which includes collecting facility air, surface, personnel monitoring & water samples in support of facility environmental procedures & in accordance with cGMP, NNPILP & corporate policies.
* Maintain classified production areas by performing routine environmental monitoring.
* Support production with non-routine sampling.
* Provide oversight of contract sanitization group.
* Utilize PEMs system to create labels, collect & submit EM samples.
* Operate air samplers to perform viable & non-viable air monitoring.
* Collect water samples.
* Take gowning certification samples.
* Other accountabilities as assigned.
Required Education: High school graduate or equivalent required.
Desired Education: AAS degree in related field, BioWorks graduate
Experience: Minimum of 1 year of experience in a manufacturing industry, FDA regulated preferred.
Technical/Process/Functional Knowledge: Ability to read, write & understand complicated product documentation & standard operating procedures with attention to detail. Computer literacy.
Physical & Other Requirements:
* Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. with assistance.
* Ability to work in confined spaces & near operating equipment.
* Ability to attain clean room gowning certification & work with hazardous materials including sanitants.
* Frequent bending, stooping, & prolonged working overhead.
* Ability to work hours necessary to support production.
* Ability to stand on feet up to 12 hours or longer, day or night.
* Corrected vision to 20/30.
* Ability to work in loud noise environments with hearing protection.
Department QC Environmental Monitoring Sampling
Position Location US - Clayton, NC
State/Provinces US - NC
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Novo Nordisk will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.