The quality control chemists perform the testing on raw materials, bulk formulations, finished products, stability samples, and any other samples from plant operations which require chemical analysis. The QC chemists report to the QC Lab Supervisor.
- Sampling and testing of raw materials.
- Physical and chemical testing of bulk and (pre-fill, finished product, and stability) product.
- Maintaining laboratory notebook and checking the work of others.
- Maintaining the work area in an orderly manner.
- Keeps current with all SOP's dealing with their job assignments.
- Reports any problems with assays or components to the QC Lab Supervisor.
- Responsible for preparing and standardizing any reagents or standard materials required for analysis.
- Reports any supply needs to the QC Lab Supervisor.
- Disposes of unused samples and laboratory waste in appropriate containers.
- Performs calibration of lab instruments.
- Cleaning of laboratory glassware.
Other duties will be assigned as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA or BS in chemistry. Minimum two years of experience in a the lab performing chemistry related duties
- Experience with High Pressure Liquid Chromatography, Infra-Red (IR), Gas Chromatograph (GC), Ultra Violet/Visible, Particle Size Analysis, KF Titration and wet chemistry skills are required. Familiarity with HPLC/GC analytical software.
- Familiarity with GLP/GMP guidelines.
- Good Communication and writing skills.
- Familiarity with out-of-specification (OOS) and out-of-trend (OOT) investigation.
- Computer literate.
- Experience with USP/EP monographs.
Akorn, Inc. is a niche pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and markets generic and branded prescription pharmaceuticals as well as animal and consumer health products. We specialize in difficult-to-manufacture sterile and non-sterile dosage forms including: ophthalmics, injectables, oral liquids, topicals, inhalants, and nasal sprays. Akorn markets its products to retail pharmacies, ophthalmologists, optometrists, physicians, veterinarians, hospitals, clinics, wholesalers, distributors, group purchasing organizations, and government agencies.
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.