Position: QA Web Developer
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
This developer will help plan, build, test and maintain a variety of database-driven web applications. The candidate must be self-motivated and able to work both independently and within a small team.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing projects through all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle. Time will be split between developing new features, performing QA, managing source control and releases for various applications written in PHP and Ruby on Rails. This developer will need to be able to learn the current systems and the current laboratory workflows so that he or she can develop and test new features for the systems effectively
• Working with Scientists, analysts, and lab personnel to develop requirements and scope.
• Design and maintenance of normalized databases
• Developing web applications using modern web technologies and best practices.
• Working with and writing new automated tests
• Managing source control branches & releases
• Writing Documentation for requirements, validation & releases