Integrated DNA Technologies
Job Locations US-IA-Coralville
Category Manufacturing Operations
# of Openings 1
Posted Date 5/24/2017
Shift/Schedule MTWThF 11:00P-8:00A (United States of America)
Additonal Information ..
The Purification Scientist I purifies custom oligonucleotides according to the customer's order. This generally includes the sorting, purification, and QC sampling of the products being made.
Job Specific Essential Functions:
- Adheres to safety regulations, lab SOPs, and contamination controls
- Performs the purification of oligos using various techniques
- Uses automated and manual lab equipment including limited maintenance and troubleshooting activities
- Quantifies and samples oligos for quality control tests
- Assesses QC data accurately and makes pass/fail decisions for oligos
- Ensures that product meets final purity guarantees through the custom purification process
- Sorts oligos for the proper purification either by hand or using software
- Uses custom software packages to complete tasks and create final product
- Troubleshoots oligo failures and makes thoughtful sorting and purification decisions
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values
- Performs other duties as assigned
Position Specific Essential Functions:
- Follows custom instructions outlined by Oligo Master Records or Manager Approved Process Flows
- Performs hand coupling of modifications
- Keeps thorough records of specialized processes in the oligo process history
- Organizes and handles customer owned materials, as well as non-standard reagent formulations
- Handles expensive oligos and reagents
- Associate's degree in science related field plus 2 years of applicable lab experience required
- Bachelor's degree in science related field preferred
- Proficiency in a variety of PC software programs with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office required
Other Job Qualifications
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with peers and all levels of management
- Ability to manage time and works independently
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload to efficiently accomplish departmental goals
- Uses aids and SOPs to make decisions about the proper production path per product
- Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergent, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or situation in which working speed and sustained attention are make-or-break aspects of the job.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Ability to accept responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
- Ability to perform repetitive work or to perform continuously the same work, according to set procedures sequence or pace.
Exert 20-50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or 10-15 lbs. of force frequently
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.