The Purification Scientist I purifies custom oligonucleotides according to the customer's order. This generally includes the sorting, purification, and QC sampling of the products being made.
Job Specific Essential Functions:
- Adheres to safety regulations, lab SOPs, and contamination controls
- Performs the purification of oligos using various techniques
- Uses automated and manual lab equipment including limited maintenance and troubleshooting activities
- Quantifies and samples oligos for quality control tests
- Assesses QC data accurately and makes pass/fail decisions for oligos
- Ensures that product meets final purity guarantees through the custom purification process
- Sorts oligos for the proper purification either by hand or using software
- Uses custom software packages to complete tasks and create final product
- Troubleshoots oligo failures and makes thoughtful sorting and purification decisions
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values
- Performs other duties as assigned
Position Specific Essential Functions:
- Follows process flows including product specific flows
- Performs hand coupling of modifications
- Performs salt exchange precipitations by hand for non-routine process flow
- Follows protocols to mitigate carryover
- Associate's degree in science related field plus 2 years of applicable lab experience required
- Bachelor's degree in science related field preferred
- Proficiency in a variety of PC software programs with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office required
Other Job Qualifications
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with peers and all levels of management
- Ability to manage time and works independently
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload to efficiently accomplish departmental goals
- Uses aids and SOPs to make decisions about the proper production path per product
- Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergent, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or situation in which working speed and sustained attention are make-or-break aspects of the job.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Ability to accept responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
- Ability to perform repetitive work or to perform continuously the same work, according to set procedures sequence or pace.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.