NuGEN Technologies is looking for a talented Purchasing Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and continuously improving both direct and indirect purchasing operations in support of NuGEN’s business objectives.
The role requires leadership and coordination of medium and long-range priorities, as well as implementation of day-to-day tactics and solutions. The ability to communicate and collaborate successfully with both external suppliers and internal colleagues is critical to success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages suppliers to achieve quality, cost, and delivery objectives
• Builds effective supplier strategies and relationships
• Supports formal Supplier Quality program which includes documented criteria, clear audit processes, and a risk assessment for targeted key suppliers
• Ensures material availability to support production schedule / sales forecast
• Leads materials requirement planning and coordination with manufacturing
• Provides timely information regarding material shortages, backlogs, and/or schedule interruptions
• Works closely with Operations Team to ensure timely introductions of new materials to support launch of new products
• Analyzes and makes recommendations to ensure scalability and continuous improvement of procurement-related infrastructure and systems
• Develops and implements necessary procurement policies and procedures
• Responsible for understanding and adhering to Quality Management System