Proteomics/Mass Spectrometry - Senior Technical Specialist
KAUST (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology)
KAUST is an international university dedicated to advance science and technology through innovative and collaborative research and addressing challenges of regional and global significance. Based near Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, KAUST has attracted top-notch faculty and staff from all over the world, especially from countries such as USA, Germany, China, the UK, Australia, Japan, and Italy. Citizens from more than 100 nations are represented on the university campus and in the KAUST community.
We are currently seeking a Senior Technical Specialist for Proteomics at the Bioscience Core Laboratory (BCL). The laboratory covers different areas such as genomics, proteomics, protein expression, and bioinformatics. The laboratory is state-of-the-art, and our team members have extensive experience in the technological areas. For Proteomics the lab holds Orbitrap Fusion Lumos, QExactive HF, TripleTOF 5600, Maxis Q-TOF and Ultraflex MALDI-TOF/TOF.
Job Summary: The senior technical specialist in this role will be working on high-throughput proteomics. The person demonstrates expertise and independent working knowledge in a range of techniques including sample preparation for proteomics, hands-on LC-MS and proteomics data analysis. The person works closely with the team lead and other members of the core unit. The work involves method development, assay assessments and standardized experiments. We are a core lab facility and the working environment and mentality is service- and support-oriented in a cooperative spirit. The person in this position must be open to a fast-changing environment, and willing and supportive of alterations.
• Provide consultation to scientists and students
• Run standardized and customized proteomics sample preparation independently
• Operate standardized and customized analysis on sophisticated LC-MS
• Train users on sample preparation, equipment and data analysis
• Expand methods and protocols for proteome sample and data analyses
• Obtain and deliver reliable and excellent quality of data and results at all times
• Maintain and manage the mass spectrometry equipment
• Identify gaps and provide feedback to all technical aspects of proteomics portfolio, or suggestions for improvements
• Collaborate efficiently with other groups internally and externally
• Stay-up-to-date with new technologies
• A bachelor degree or above in cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology or similar
• Minimum 2 years of experience in mass spectrometry based proteomics
• Experience in analyzing large-scale proteomics data or ability to write script is a plus
• Independently perform preventative maintenance and ability to troubleshoot equipment
• The desire to work in a team dedicated to achieving highest quality analytical results
• Ability to work with others, initiative, and ability to interact with a broad range of individuals within the University and Industrial partners and be reliable
Apply now at http://apptrkr.com/986188
Located on the beautiful Red Sea coast of Saudi Arabia, KAUST sets exceptional standards in residences, recreational facilities and boasts a truly multicultural environment which can be enjoyed by all. Life on the Campus provides ample opportunities and time to keep work and life in harmony – from vacations and holidays to an inviting campus community on the shores of the Red Sea, with all the seaside amenities and recreation facilities of a fine resort. Employees are very well looked after, with packages including tax-free salary, relocation, accommodation and various additional incentives.