The Protein Purification Technician II performs assigned manufacturing and process development duties in a current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) environment.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Executes development scale purification protocols as directed.
- Works with standard scientific equipment as described in relevant procedures; AKTA Prime, AKTA Pilot and Purifier with associated Unicorn software, UV spectrophotometer, balances, chromatography columns, PAGE, autoclaves, pH meter, refrigerators, freezers, biohazard safety cabinets.
- Records results in batch records; required to have meticulous organization and record keeping skills.
- Prepares buffers and media.
- Communicates as a team member with other functional groups, via face to face, email and written reports.
- Assists with investigations, root cause analysis, and corrective action/preventative action (CAPA) implementation.
- Maintains protein purification batch master program to ensure quality standards are met.
- Maintains and operates machinery used in manufacturing based on specific procedures.
- Cleans work area, machinery and equipment and maintains work area in an orderly manner.
- Stocks lab areas with supplies as needed, inventories supplies and places orders.
- Keeps up-to-date with required training and development and improve job skills.
- Interprets operating requirements and monitors gauges and instrumentation.
- Additional duties as assigned.