Lucigen Corporation seeks a Protein Purification Scientist responsible for the production and development of proteins and molecular biology reagents. These protein products are focused on molecular biology and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) applications. The scientist is expected to:
- Follow established manufacturing and development procedures and assist in the development and documentation of new and scaled-up production processes.
- Initiate and complete routine procedures, troubleshoot scientific problems, interpret outcome of experiments in an independent and efficient manner.
- Comply with applicable regulations in areas such as ISO13485, EPA, and OSHA.
- Purify recombinant proteins from different expression systems.
- Prepare and operate chromatography systems, dialysis/TFF operations, and buffer preparation.
- Perform Quality Control testing on enzyme activity and functional tests as well as standard protein characterization assays.
- Optimize existing purification processes to improve product yield and quality.
- Assist in development of protein production protocols geared towards robust and cost-effective supply of molecular biology/NGS proteins.
- Support identification and optimization of alternative production methods and/or equipment to improve work efficiency, scale and throughput.