The Genome Sciences Centre is seeking a Projects Manager. This role is for a Manager of research projects, grants and platforms in a research environment.
Reporting to the Head Project Management or Projects Team Leader and working closely with the Principal Investigators and Project Leaders, you will play a key role in managing research projects and grants within the context of a research culture with established policies and procedures, vision and values. The major focus of this position is to work with the Principal Investigators and Project leaders to establish the objectives, milestones, and budgets for various research projects and grants, and monitor and facilitate progress against these objectives and milestones. Projects will involve personalized oncogenomics, immunotherapy, collaborative services management, or other cancer genomics research.
- establishing budgets for research projects, grants, collaborations and core activities
- assisting with preparing grants, progress reports, statement of work documents, compliance documents, sample status or analysis reports
- monitoring budgets and expenditures
- establishing, monitoring, and coordinating project progress, milestones, deadlines and objectives, which may include, meeting coordination and follow-up, coordination of case reviews
- maintain accurate information on sample status, including sample and associated metadata acquisition, processing, stakeholder reporting
- recommending strategies for improving projects management methods
- liaising with grant/core funding agencies
- interacting directly with research collaborators or clinical study teamsas required.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proactive interactions with collaborators are a must to perform successfully in this position. Active participation in laboratory meetings and seminars relevant to the project activities is highly encouraged.