Location: Cambridge, MA
Who We Are:
Gen 9 is powering the synthetic biology revolution. Using our innovative technology, the BioFab® platform, we are transforming the way researchers approach gene synthesis. In fact, Gen9 has produced the first ‘fab’ for synthetic biology – the BioFab® platform, which was chosen by “The Scientist” as the number 1 innovation of 2012.
As researchers’ understanding of gene sequence data increases, their ability to design and improve genes, pathways and organisms using synthetic biology techniques will increase, and Gen9 is there to help. We are using our technology to make DNA that will be used by researchers all over the world to create "greener" chemicals, novel pharmaceuticals and cheaper biofuels.
Join Gen9 and become part of the synthetic biology revolution.
Gen9 is looking for a project manager to plan, execute and evaluate concurrent projects while working within budget, scope and schedule requirements. Responsible for project performance, risk management, administration, financial management and issue resolution.
• Drives the development and manages the execution and closure of high quality, integrated cross-functional plans for projects, applying best practices in the development, initiation, planning, execution, control and closing of projects.
• Works with project stakeholders to complete project scope, specifications, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget and timing. Breaks down work structure to estimate effort required for each project task, providing a project schedule to identify when each task will be performed.
• Determine how results will be measured and complete a post-project evaluation to determine how well results were achieved.
• Effectively manages project scope by ensuring any changes to scope are documented, communicated and approved. Ensure all project documents are safely archived following project completion.
• Clearly communicates expectations related to requirements, budget, timelines, etc to team members.
• Share accountability for project success with stakeholders.
• Track and report on project milestones and provide status reports to senior managers.